View Single Post
      05-29-2019, 11:27 AM   #77
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
That is a pretty shitty outlook and not what I took away from the book. It is not about being happy with mediocrity because everything you want could be complete shit. Just because you had a bad experience, doesn't mean everybody does.

I don't agree with your quote unless there is more to it. The desire for a more positive experience is only negative if you don't have a path to get there and the work ethic to make it happen.

If you take the quote for just the quote, then nobody should want for anything more than living with their parents...
I believe you misunderstood the point that I was making here. In no way am I saying be happy with medicority. What I am saying is rather than focus on what you don't have, appreciate what you do. The quote was taken straight from the book, not my own. The quote is about opening your eyes and realizing that constantly wanting what you don't have creates a sense of negativity and self doubt. Realizing where you are currently give you a base standard of understanding where to begin in order to create a more positive experience.

I'm not known for shitty outlooks; in fact, quite the opposite. I may be cynical in a sarcastic humorous sense but in no way am I a negative person. My post was about appreciating what you have versus focusing what you don't have. There is nothing wrong with wanting more as long as you are working toward accomplishing desired goals, but to focus on "not having" rather than "getting" is my point.
Appreciate 0