View Single Post
      12-02-2015, 02:40 PM   #10
Mavus
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, F80 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiscottiGelato
So my 2009 6MT 135i was totalled for an other party's fault accident. I bought the car used 5 years ago for some $43k CAD and I got a $27k CAD cheque back from insurance for it. Really low cost of ownership for the past 5 years. I am doing public transit in near freezing temperatures. I need a new car now and I need one bad.

Main gripe I had for the 135i is that it actually wasn't that good on the track with the small wheel well and undersized rotors. It's also not that great whenever the car goes off smooth pavements for hiking and skiing. It was tho great on the street. Just enough space for day to day use (was able to fit a bike at the back with seats folded), but still somewhat fun to drive.

My initial plan was to take-over a lease on a Blue on Red 2013 328i for around $550 CAD a month, no down no nothing. It's going to be a big downgrade in most sense, especially when it's an 8AT. But the hope is that this is merely a tie over until the M2, or I go full practical and get the G01 X3.

Then I came across this moderately optioned 2013 Porsche Boxster S PDK for $65k CAD. It's red on black with some reasonable options so it's not bare inside. PASM, Navigation, Sports Chrono, Partial Leather. I'd say 80% of the way a GTS would've been optioned. My perfect ideal Porsche would be a Cayman GTS with 6MT. For a 3 years used Porsche, and for $65k CAD, not sure if this Boxster is close enough. Biggest problem with a Boxster is that it's hugely unpractical. Let alone being bad off pavement. It's going to become impossible. Then I might need to get a winter beater.

So a huge downgrade going down to a 328i for 20 months. Or life's too short and I shouldn't pass up this one chance I got to get into a P car?

Advice much appreciate. Thanks!
would 228 be an option til m2?
Appreciate 0