Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW S1000XR

Garage List
2009 e90 335i  [6.40]
FS: 2008 535 XiT Auto SOLD

SOLD

I am selling this wagon since I no longer need it for work. The wagon was a great car for hauling tools, furniture and anything else we needed for renovating homes. My gf didn’t want a truck in the driveway so I picked this car up in San Diego a couple of years ago. Current mileage is 109,950 ( I added about 16,000 miles since purchased) and will increase but I try to ride my motorcycle as much as I can. My plan is to buy a 335 is or regular coupe. I am a gluten for punishment as I love working on the N54s.

The good - car runs great. I fixed almost everything necessary once I brought it back home to AZ. Here is a list of repairs and parts installed:

- tires and wheels (cheap Voxx but they look good and did the job). The dealer I bought the car from installed different tires and wheels on all four corners. I opted for Michelin all -year since the max weight allowed was higher than the sport tires.
- alternator
- serpentine belt and tensioner
- oil filter housing gasket
- motor mounts
- crank case vent hose
- control arms
- under shield reinforcement plate
- water pump and thermostat
- turbo boost solenoid
- gear fluid
- oil pan gasket and cooler gasket
- coil packs
- brake pads front and rear
- battery

The ok -
- there is clear coat wear on the roof
- the trim piece above the windshield needs to be replaced. I haven’t bought one yet and I believe they are $60 from realoem.
- typical dings and scratches for a 2008 but looks good
- the windshield washer tube needs to be replaced. I bought a new one but haven’t installed yet.
- the sway bar end links will need to be replaced in the future. They are still functional but the last time I changed the oil. I noticed both boots were cracked.
- I change the oil every 5,000 miles and need to add one to two quarts before my next oil change. ( I recently noticed a slight leak in the oil cooler lines, so I will need to replace these).
- the pistons that hold the trunk open literally just failed. I haven’t bought new ones.
- the latch and window in the back work. Sometimes you just need to tight the latch if the window pops open. I know a lot of these fail on these wagons.

Fault codes -
- rear brakes needs to be replaced. I have a wear pad sensor but the caliper someone installed didn’t have a notch. Thus, the code even after I replaced the pads in June. I will remove the rear wheel and check again.
- tpms fault code. The dealer I bought the car from installed bad sensors or incompatible ones. I could not code them nor could Discount tire. No big deal since I ride motorcycles I check the tire pressure often. I also have special emergency screws plugs to temporarily patch tires along with a portable air compressor.

The car has and came with the following options -
- sport seats
- heated seats front and back
- adaptive headlights
- leatherette seats ( I will take pics once I empty the tools out of the car)
You can probably assume it has the sport and winter package.

Let me know. I am in no hurry to sell the car but I really don’t need a wagon anymore. I honestly would be happier with a 335 coupe though.

No low balls please. I get enough of those through TRED, but will reduce the price according to what I have not repaired yet. It’s negotiable. This is probably the best running 535 wagon in the US that’s for sale. There are probably about 5 or 6 total on cars.com from $11k to $15K. They all have similar mileage or higher so it’s a safe assumption that they need a lot of repairs if a slimy dealer is selling them.

Thank you and if you have a high mileage ‘335 is’ or coupe we can swap plus $.
Attached Images

BMWCCA member

Last edited by ken1137; 01-21-2023 at 11:27 AM.. Reason: SOLD
Appreciate 0