10-25-2021, 11:25 AM   #524
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Other teams with suburban stadiums and no local merchants within walkable distance solve this problem with strong tailgating scenes in their parking lots. In Orchard Park, the Bills Mafia have hundreds of BBQ grills burning, adult beverages flowing, and tables being smashed before every home game. There is also a smaller post-game tailgate scene, while people finish off their pre-game BBQ while waiting for the exiting traffic to lighten up. There's also dedicated RV party parking lots.

I'm pretty sure that Jets/Giants fans have a similar ritual in The Meadowlands, although probably nowhere as wild as it is in Orchard Park.....
I reached in the nick of time but I recall seeing "no tailgating" signs. The parking lot looked spotless so I doubt much tailgating happened. Plus the stadium is in the hood, so outside the confines of where SoFi is built, the area is not conducive to tailgating. I understand why Kronke picked a suburban stadium: cheap land in that area plus downtown LA is simply impossible. That 10/101/110 interchange is a traffic nightmare all times of day; imagine throwing the traffic of an NFL gameday into the mix.

I've lived a lot of my life before this in Seattle and Detroit. Their stadiums are in the downtown area and within walking distance of a lot of bars and restaurants. The gameday atmosphere in those places is a lot more electric. And in Seattle the fans are way more into the game. In LA people just want to chill and take photos.

Last edited by Germanauto; 10-25-2021 at 11:39 AM..
Appreciate 2
TiMSport12786.50
vreihen1614882.00