Rep
Drives: IX,G07

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnhayes View Post
Insurance and tires are big parts of a car ownership. So if you’re just gonna “throw them out”, let’s just throw out the base price of the car.

I see you’re going to argue your point with whatever is “convenient” to throw out that day, you’re never going to see the other side of the argument.

Hundreds of thousands of buyers do. If you don’t want to, fine. But don’t pretend that the rest of us are stupid for buying an electric car, or electrified version.

Shawn
I mean most buyers don't buy it for the performance or the interior or the ride quality or the environment. Most imo buy it as it saves a couple of hundred bucks in fuel per month. And I do think that people buying ev to save money unless they're doing mega Mile's aren't that clever.
Even yesterday a friend whose just bought a model y was raving about how his y takes £7 in electricity costs to fill up for 250 miles and that the merc it replaced would cost £ 24. The math is fine until you realise that he's replaced a 7 year old merc in perfect working order and little to no depreciation with a 45k vehicle to save a bit of cash.
Appreciate 2