View Single Post
      03-27-2023, 02:04 PM   #16
Bongoxxx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 340 XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
Why are you dealing with the dealership?

You deal directly with BMW Finance Canada.
You send them the money, they release the lien on the title.

Get out of there asap. If they are saying you need a safety certificate, it means they are probably doing title transfers or pulling some kinda of funny business.
Wrong, BMW Finance Canada will direct you to a dealer. You can not deal direct with BMW Finance Canada.

Leases in Canada are registered to BMW Finance Canada. The ownership (title in the US) is in their name and the plate portion of the ownership is in the leaseholder’s name.

Safety is required for buying out any lease in Ontario as the ownership is being transferred from the leasing company, in this case BMW Finance Canada, to the person buying out the lease.

I’ve been leasing for years and have bought out a few. I’d prefer to deal direct but every one l’ve bought out from BMW, Honda or Acura it had to be done through a dealer.

The funny thing is BMW only gives you a photo copy of the ownership, they keep the original. Honda/Acura give you the ownership

The BMW dealer I deal with actually told me to get the safety done elsewhere as “we charge more than everywhere else” when I bought out my 340. Their only stipulation was if I wanted to extend the warranty they wanted to do an inspection prior to extending the warranty.
Appreciate 2