View Single Post
      03-22-2023, 02:40 PM   #1698
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
I think you don't understand the general public.

I've pointed this out before, many here have a skewed impression of how others live. I don't make that much but just my income income is $20k more than then national household income. That doesn't include my fiance's income.

And many of you make a significant sum more than that. Many of you guys have multiple times of money in cars as I have in my house.
I do understand the general public. The keeping up with the Jones' meme used to describe a broad segment of the US population wasn't by accident.

So I don't understand your reply and why my post was quoted. As I said, pretty much anyone can buy a new car or a newer car with a warranty due to all the different creative financing options out there. Whether it's financially prudent for one to buy a product that takes an immediate depreciation hit is another. Or trading off the financial hit to gain a better sense of security against mechanical breakdown. That's up to the person as we're all adults and we're all free to do whatever.

I myself didn't buy a "nice" car till much later in my career/life. I've always drove econoboxes even though I could afford a car many times more than what I've been purchasing. I also end to buy new but I hold on to my vehicles for a long time so any depreciation discussion is moot.
Appreciate 1
Patton2502938.00