07-31-2020, 08:49 AM   #4
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
I feel your pain. My back hurts in the exact same location. Always assumed it was the trap exercises that caused it. Our work days sound identical. I have not tried any form of an ergonomic chair or changed mattresses yet but I have been using a back massager with heat. That helps considerably.

Sub'd for ideas
Yeah man, it's brutal. I discounted the trap/back exercise as the problem as my lifting regimen hasn't changed (at least much) in years. My chair has changed in the last year (new job), so just trying to connect dots where I can haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
I've used some simple Herman Miller Chairs and all kinds of newer office chairs with contoured seat bottom and seat back curvature - I'm not convinced contemporary ergo is better then any 19th century seat design.
Now I'm using a 80+ year old wooden chair with a flat seat and thin upholstery and a flat setback. Maybe it's the height and no wheels but I've been very comfortable.

For myself need to be conscious of keeping my back straight when at my desk and not letting my stomach collapse behind my hips. I also think it's nice to switch chairs throughout the day.

I had a nerve injury down my left leg that was irritating me when seated, but just received a new form mattress on Tuesday and my leg pain has subsided.
I'd love a Herman Miller chair, but I doubt my company will sling out $1,000 for a chair lol. Agree that we need to be conscious of posture as we work, I've been doing that myself.

I had a sciatic nerve injury a few years ago that lasted for roughly 6months, took awhile to rehab that away. At my previous job, and around the same time the injury happened, the person who worked in that cube before me left one of those kneeling chairs. As odd as they look, it definitely helped subside the pain throughout the day. It takes some pressure off the nerve which is most likely why you (and I) had the pain rushing down your leg. I would switch between that and my normal office chair.
Appreciate 0