View Single Post
      08-07-2020, 08:28 PM   #54
iminhell1
C2H5OH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 SG 135i auto

Aren't BMW folks nice and helpful people?

I'd take unemployment for winters. I think I did that for 5 or something like that. Construction stuff in frozen ground country does that.

But here in MN there is also and underemployed section the the UI payments. I don't recall exactly what it is but I want to say the hours worked cutoff was something like over 32 hrs worked you wouldn't get paid. But is work was slow and you put in less than 32 you could collect some. I never fell into that group so I've no clue how much or how exactly it worked.
I mention this because the hours worked might have played in to the working 2 job thing. Depends on how they look at it. If it's from an average pay per hour or if it's as treating them as 2 completely separate incomes. I mean taxes calls it all the same income and hours.

I'm not sure if MN has an income cap to draw UI. I know there is a max weekly pay you'll get and if you made more (pretax is 75% of takehome pay) you'd just max out. I know a handful of guys who'd made over $100K and got UI.

Timing is utter shit. But you know this. Oddly enough though there is a thing called backpay. Not sure on a time limit though.
But TBH, I am kinda curious on an actual answer to your question.

ALSO, I think it's pretty asinine to think 6 figures is a fortune for an income. For one, where you live plays a HUGE role here. If you're in San Fran, $100,000 is poverty level. But if you're in West Virginia, you must own half the state.
Appreciate 1