View Single Post
      09-12-2017, 11:51 AM   #15
FAZKW
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi S8

Help with color interior trim

Hello Guys,

After digging through the forums and endless analysis of pictures, I am ready to pull the trigger on a new F90. I have a quote from my dealer for February production, but I need some help with a couple of issues. Here's a general idea of my build so far:
  • Rhodonite Silver Metallic
  • Full Merino Leather Tartufo
  • Aluminuim Carbon Structure Dark with Dark Chrome
  • 20" 706M Bicolor wheels

My questions surround the Rhodonite Silver and interior trim. I saw the video of the Rhodonite Silver M550d (posted on this forum in multiple places) and also the pictures on this thread, however I find the naming a bit worrying. Actual Rhodonite seems to be some sort of pink gem, and I was wondering if this color gives off any kind of pink/red hue. Any help from anyone who's seen it in real life would be great.

Second, regarding the trim. First of all, is this trim, and the other "light" version of it, actual carbon fibre or is it just etched aluminum? Secondly, from the pictures, it seems like the "dark with dark chrome" is a bit cheap looking. The press photos released by BMW seem OK, but the real life pictures make it look quite bland and plastic looking. Have a look at the first photo below which was taken at Frankfurt today.

So, I appreciate any thoughts regarding the trim and exterior color. Thank you guys!
Appreciate 0