03-03-2021, 10:27 AM   #32
chassis
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 9Y0 Cayenne S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I agree that some of these lines in the sand will be moved. It's a negotiation process, and these lines are really just aggressive demands.

However, when it comes to Jaguar, their business was already headed for the toilet, so they might as well go all in. Be it 2025, 2030, 2035, 2040 whatever, it's coming. And it is a big uphill battle to get investors to buy into a complete redux of a legacy vehicle corporation. You have ample manufacturing capacity and at least some semblance of a battery supply chain built up already which is more than some of the new players can say. In the free market, that alone is worth more than the flagging legacy product portfolio right now.
The investor perspective on Jaguar is interesting. The management of Jaguar would be better stewards of shareholder value in my view if they sold the brand to one of the majors, most likely French or German, who can either finance or share electric technology for Jaguar.

Financing Jaguar's product range makeover to EVs is not something I would invest in. Sell the brand and leverage someone else's investment.
Appreciate 0