11-10-2021, 12:01 PM   #16
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
No way no how am I ever clicking a link from some random post or email for any product. Even if it was something I would be interested in. For me if a company has to resort to these types of tactics, I question their integrity as a company. A reputable company doesn't need to resort to these techniques to drum up additional business.

In the days of mass mailers, the only annoyance would be your mail box gets full and you just toss them into the recycle bin. No harm no foul. Now a days, you click on that link, you have no idea what malware that site is going to push onto your device in the background. It's the same as getting an STD without the fun leading up to it.
Same. If I need something I will look up a company myself. I have never and will never do business with a company that came from a random email or phone call or even junk mail. I’m not sure who these people are who DO signup and I would love to be able to know wtf they are thinking. However people obviously do or they wouldn’t keep doing it.

It’s like the left lane assholes. Everywhere I go online and people I talk to in real life ALLLL say how horrible it is and they don’t know why people do it… given the info I have from the limited group of people I interact with NO ONE should ever be squatting in the left lane. Yet there they are every freaking day. So who are these people who have managed to go their whole lives not knowing they shouldn’t eat shit on the left lane or click random links from random emails??? Maybe they are the same people!?
Appreciate 0