Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS_SN View Post

oh tesla is the legacy ev manufacturer alright. What they have done in decades others are trying to do in years. Good for tesla for having called it right. Bad for tesla if what they've done in decades can be done by non ev legacy manufacturers in a few years.
The problem is the statement "ev manufacturer" - as noted above, Tesla is the #4 sales leader in the luxury autos segment as averaged over the last 3 years irrespective of drivetrain. Said differently, Tesla makes a great luxury automobile product that many people want.

Whomever the top auto sellers are in 5 years, it'll be for one reason: they make the best products for the best price for most people. It won't be for any one technology or buzzword. Everyone can make a HEMI or DOHC engine - the drivetrain isn't really the secret sauce, it's just part of it.

As for me, Tesla's auto product continues to disappoint: I don't care they're BEVs, I'm out because I don't like the overall vehicles. They're all ugly except the Model S and I was waiting to see this new one, but it's just the same shit - I honestly don't see how Tesla can call it new since it looks exactly the same and I don't see any new tech that won't be in all of the other Teslas, so who cares?

Instead I'll do Euro Delivery on a Macan Turbo because I like that product WAAAY better: analog gauges, real buttons, real shifter, driving assist tech as an afterthought.

I'm not a fan of Apple's product either ... but as an analyst I am a fan of Tesla and Apple's businesses; In 5 years Tesla and Apple will be sales leaders because they make great products, not because of any specific technology that others also have. Every automobile has an engine - most buyers don't care about it.
Im not sure EVs for most people are a cheap(purchase price)or convenient option.
To illustrate this How much more would the macan turbo cost if it was an EV and not ICE.
If you take out the environmental aspect its lose lose for everyone.
Anyway Tesla a 'luxury' automaker People who want 'luxury' aren't associated with tesla value yes.
Appreciate 0