View Single Post
      01-07-2019, 04:29 PM   #650
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzer View Post
I held a Tudor BB S&G and I thought it felt very - not worth the price. Especially considering in that same visit to the dealers I held an 18kt YG Maxi-Case Submariner. Not just talking about weight, but just the overall feel of the watch felt quite different to me in the functions and build quality. (Funny fact, the Tudor S&G doesn't even have solid 18kt centre-links, they are "gold-capped".)

Which reference is your Submariner? Considering you said $7,500 I would guess it would be a Maxi-Case? To be completely honest I don't think I would ever buy one of those because of those huge shoulders, I love the classic Submariner case much better.(i.e. 14060, 16610, 5512/13) Same goes with the GMT, oh man I read an article where some guy went and bought a vintage Pepsi and Coke GMT Master. Those are beautiful pieces!!
the difference in price on that S&G though...

My S&G cost me a little over $3k where a 116613LN cost me alittle over $10k. Was the 116613 $7k more in terms of quality and materials? Definitely not, which is why i still have the S&G and not the other.

I go back and forth on the 16610 vs 116610 often. I still find myself wearing my 6 digit more often than my 5 digit though. But I have been liking bigger watches as of late so that is why.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 1
Fritzer944.50