premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
I found it more doubtful, that you as cops into the US are allowed to guess, that someones maybe too fast w/o proof.
In Germany I'll give you the card of my lawyer with best regards and come back with proofed results.
You are left with your own keen eyes, how often differs your assumed speed of other drivers from the true speed values and you just pulling over because you can, just curious?
Where did you get the idea that we completely guess a speed? Much of the time we pace or have instrumented proof. Pacing is allowed within the law. Visual speed estimation is allowed too (...with the CHP I needed to be able to estimate a vehicle's speed within a 5mph margin of error to successfully pass/meet my state's criteria). Either way, if I estimate speed at 85mph and you're "only" doing 80mph, you're still 15mph over the posted limit on most U.S. highways. Nonetheless, there's ALWAYS a reason to pull a vehicle over if you follow them long enough, and I/we work in the rule of 2's. What I mean by that is....

....I'm looking for two or more reasons to pull you over and/or two or more violations to cite you for in case one violation gets dismissed/dropped. In most cases I'm going to get you either way IF I want to get you.
Damn bro! chill.... going hard in the paint I see! If it ain't one, I'm getting you for the other one mfr!
Appreciate 2