View Single Post
      01-06-2020, 08:27 AM   #474
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep
Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
I found it more doubtful, that you as cops into the US are allowed to guess, that someones maybe too fast w/o proof.
In Germany I'll give you the card of my lawyer with best regards and come back with proofed results.
You are left with your own keen eyes, how often differs your assumed speed of other drivers from the true speed values and you just pulling over because you can, just curious?
So in Canada generally speaking speeding charges are laid using Radar or Laser speed measuring devices and occasionally using aircraft. I have laid a charge from pacing a vehicle using the police car, after laying the charge I had the speedometer on the police car checked with another police car using a radar or laser. In a case like that I'd usually only lay the charge because the offender was way over the speed limit. Some police cars are equipped with Track Radar which can be used while the police car in in motion, it can track speed of oncoming cars or cars being followed. Having said this I rarely did traffic work and never worked full time in a traffic unit. We had a saying about "Traffic Men". I think that answers your question.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25160.50
Dang3r12512.00