10-14-2020, 12:07 PM   #41
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
I also hope that many do not get caught up in what 5G really is... in the USA there is to be 5G sub band and 5G+.

5G sub band is what most of the country will get by 2025... it will be faster than 4g Lte but only marginally based on current tests.

5G+ or mm wave 5G is the true 5G and that will always be limited to tiny areas of cities, sports arenas and buildings that have those ugly towers next to them. This is the one that is 20 x faster than 4G... almost no one will take advantage of this except a few scenarios.

This is not like the 3G to 4G upgrade... where 3G by default was useless and slow... 4G LTE is already fast for browsing.
I don't get the hoopla over 5g. My 4g phone is super fast for phone stuff. I have never been on my phone thinking if I could only load this faster (unless I have signal issues which I would imagine still apply to 5G).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitre_Absolut View Post
I miss the days when cellphones actually varied by manufacturer and new releases had significant developments. Unfortunately we've crossed that line where everything will be small and incremental.
Did they though? I don't remember much going on with dumb phones other than making them smaller. I think we were spoiled by the original iphone which WAS revolutionary and changed the whole cellphone industry. Everything since then.... meh. Now we are at a point where the cameras are so good and the specs are so fast that even when they make them better and faster you don't really feel it. That's my opinion anyways.
Appreciate 0