View Single Post
      08-22-2022, 07:48 AM   #16
pmcmtnbkr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmostro View Post
I have a home theater that's the best I could do for the budget and space constraints I have, so this may be beyond what you are interested in, or laughable

Main Speakers: five Zaph Audio ZRT custom-made tower speakers. They are a two-way design using exclusively Scan-Speak Revelator drivers, which are to my ears the sweetest dynamic drivers to base a platform off.

Subwoofers: Monolith M-15v2 and M-12v2, located to eliminate nulls in any listening position. Tuned using Multi-Sub Optimizer and REW.

Atmos speakers: four RSL C34e mkii's in the ceiling, mounting inside dynamat enclosures

Amplifier: Yamaha MX-A5200 11-channel amplifier

Receiver (running as a pre-pro): Denon AVR-X4700H

DSP: two MiniDSP DDRC-88D's running Dirac, tuned by myself using Dirac and REW

TV: LG 77" CX

Primary sources: Nvidia Shield Pro, running Plex client connecting to a Synology NAS running Plex server. I rip all my music and Blu Rays to this device for when I want to enjoy uncompressed reference material. Most of the time though I am watching or listening to streamed content.

The sound quality is superb with drivers like the Scans, but the real party trick is the tuning result from the MiniDSP units. It may not be the loudest system I've ever heard, but it's definitely the most reference theater-like.
We all work within a range and budget that works for us and it comes down to what works and sounds good to you. I dont have a peace of equipment that I have bought except for the Hafler amp I paid $25 for. Everything i have came from an old electronic shop that would scrap un-repaired equipment. I would cherry pick the best of the scrapped units and pull parts from others to cobble together working amps, speakers ect.
Appreciate 4
zx10guy5149.50
ashmostro1254.00
Bingham276.00