View Single Post
      07-18-2019, 07:28 PM   #268
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRace View Post
It's hard to believe then entire world is doing that. Manufacturing high end stuffs cost money ... same with Rolex, high end Italian suits and so on. That's why the old GM cars such as Cadillac and Corvette always felt cheap.

The newer Cadillac are much better and they are not that cheaper now vs. the German. The current C7 even though very fast does not have the same refine, expensive feel of say an M4. I mean it costs a lot of money to have the feel of a Porsche 911. It does not happen through accident or using cheap manufacturing process.

I am sure GM can make a very fast C8 for $65K, but to compete with M4 and 911 refinement, it cannot be done at $65K. I mean you can put an engine in the middle but it does not make it an exotic like Ferrari or the likes.
Some of what you describe is what’s known as a niche market, does a Rolex tell time better than my garmin watch? No. People pay for the status symbol and they don’t have to worry much about competitors. In non-niche markets, someone will always come along that can do what you do, but better, cheaper, faster, more efficiently and so on. This is why business is hard. A lot more businesses “think” they have a niche market when in fact they are do not and when they go out of business they’ll blame everyone but themselves. Business is continually improving, seeking new markets, etc. The ashes of the failed businesses hopefully get consolidated into something new and successful.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00