Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Would you consider yourself a good, average, or poor chess player? Just trying to get an idea of whether this was a feat or not on her part.

I consider myself to be an average chess player. I can see stuff, and plan things, but I don't see all the moves. I'm currently trying to crush the hopes and dreams of this guy I know from my old church who really enjoys chess (and is not bad at it, I lose to him about 35% of the time)...right now I've beaten him 8 times in a row but looking to beat my old record of 10 games in a row. Which I've told him, just to rub salt in the wound. I think I've got the ninth game in the bag (we've got three games going on at once right now), one of the other two games is looking reasonable, and the third is up in the air right now.
I wouldn't say I'm great, maybe barely above average. I once beat a guy who comes to a bar on campus while I was under the influence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Absolutely go. I too, was going to recommend you find your own lodgings while in the area. If things go well, you can stay with her, but don't make that your primary place of slumber unless it goes that way. Very cool of her to split the airfare. This shows her genuine interest in just wanting to see/spend time with you. Never miss an opportunity to travel; even, or especially in a situations such as this. Go. Have a great time (or not) but either way go live life, enjoy different experiences (regardless of the reason) and come report back to us old people. We may be the e-mentors, but we also live vicariously through you good sir. It's a symbiotic relationship.

I'm sure I've posted it on here before, but I had a hotel companion for a while when I traveled to Nashville for work. Met her at a bar in Nashville going solo for dinner one night. Each week I spent Tue, Wed and Thur in Nashville. For 3 months after, she came and stayed at my hotel every week. It was great and she was awesome. I hate that we grew apart. It also didn't hurt that she was in the 2003 hooters calander.....sigh....6' tall, long, lanky, dark brown hair, blue eyes.....ugh.
Appreciate the insight man!
That's what ive been thinking too, it'd be nice to get out of the midwest even if for 3-4 days. I'm trying to arrange stuff I can do if I end up going all by myself, stuff like car meets and whatnot. Once I dial that in I'm going to buy the ticket and fly out I think.

I don't know though, it really doesn't feel "real" that I'm actually considering traveling so far to see someone. It's not a thing where I'll back out at the last second but something just doesnt sit right.
Appreciate 1
Soul_Glo13347.00