11-14-2019, 01:06 PM   #273
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
That's an interesting approach they've taken to combat trafficking. I can't quite remember a time where I've seen allied agencies behave or enforce in that manner, but I suppose that it probably happens somewhere in my state. I'm almost certain that the officers bumper-humping you were running your plates for wants/warrants.
They have scored some big busts over the years. Tons of drugs, money, even some human trafficking. It lasts about 2-3 weeks and the corridors I mentioned are the bigger ones from South to North.

The Sheriff told me they are mainly looking for out of state tags...especially caravans. They do write minor infractions, but most of the time those are people just pulled so they can kind of check things out. Most of the time he said they send them on their way with a warning.

But some of the simplest stops turn into the bigger scores.

But you will see multiple LE vehicles sitting at all the exits and overpasses, and then there are the ones you don't see that are on the roads. We even have the lower part of the state send up officers for it.