05-27-2009, 06:45 PM   #25
yomama69
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaw View Post
Wow, OP, you're a scumbag. You admittedly defrauded your employer, but you think you should win the lawsuit they filed against you because of what you did?

From what you have told us, it doesn't appear that proper service of process was made, since you don't live at that address. You may have an issue though since you are essentially defrauding the state (fraud again, interesting) by having your vehicle registered there; should you challenge service, I doubt a judge would look kindly on you. The caveat here is that I'm not admitted in California; consult a local attorney if you want legal advice.

Assuming it's within the applicable statute of limitations, contesting service won't really help you deal with the substantive issues in the lawsuit; they will serve you eventually if they want you bad enough.

Man up, own up to what you did, and take care of it. I would suggest contacting them and trying to settle.
I didn't want to get into it. I'm surprised you did. Now calculate your rate for that advice. Was the scumbag OP really worth your time?
Appreciate 0