10-19-2015, 11:10 AM   #6
Irish-Texan
BannerMan
Ireland
Rep
Drives: X3 35i MSport / X1 28ix MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyO View Post
Thanks for the write-up. What did you think of the engine compared to your current X1 engine?
Urban city streets only 20 minute test drive. Less engine noise in the cabin, or so it seemed. Urban acceleration not significantly different in normal and eco mode. Also, transmission was smooth as silk. Drove the test route in my current vehicle right after returning the tester to make sure I had a clear comparison to the tester.
Did not get around to testing sport or sport+ on this test drive. Fully intend to retest with some highway driving and ideally with some night driving (waiting for the clocks to change at the end of the month).

Also, I forgot to mention some positives in my original post that I've not seen mentioned elsewhere.
The A/C performance seems much improved. It was in the mid 80's (about 30C) during the test and air seemed colder than my current vehicle. That's significant as our summer temps easily reach 100+ regularly.
There are fixed air vents either side of the center dash mounted speaker blowing air towards head and shoulders, which are extremely effective.
I was apprehensive about the shifter, but it looks and feels great. Rubbery surface makes it very easy to grip securely and the movement from park down to drive felt good and clear.
Although mentioned in many reviews, I was still very impressed by the improvements in the cupholders and the larger door pockets.

Last edited by Irish-Texan; 10-19-2015 at 12:15 PM..
Appreciate 0