Thread: Joke
View Single Post
      03-27-2008, 01:51 PM   #23
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Chinese man walks into a bank in New York City & asks for the loan officer. He tells the loan officer that he is going to Taiwan on business for two weeks & needs to borrow $5,000.

The bank officer tells him that the bank will need some form of security for the loan, so the Chinese hands over the keys to a new Ferrari parked on the street in front of the bank.

He produces the title & everything checks out. The loan officer agrees to accept the car as collateral for the loan. The bank's president & its officers all enjoy a good laugh at the Chinese for using a $250,000 Ferrari as collateral against a $5,000 loan. An employee of the bank then drives the Ferrari into the bank's underground garage & parks it there.

Two weeks later, the Chinese man returns, repays the $5,000 & the interest, which comes to $15.41. The loan officer says, "Sir, we are very happy to have had your business, and this transaction has worked out very nicely, but we are a little puzzled. While you were away, we checked you out & found that you are a multi-millionaire. What puzzles us is, why would you bother to borrow 5,000?"

The Chinese man replies: "Where else in New York City can I park my car for 2 weeks, for only $15.41, & expect it to be there when I return?"
Appreciate 0