03-24-2017, 04:05 PM   #49259
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post

She also has *thrice* the amount of staff as Joekerr does...

But...yes...she probably is more efficient...women typically are.
I don't think this is even debatable.

She still does staff, manager and admin work though.

There is another local firm who's growing fast, already larger than her current firm and happens to be the same firm she considered prior to moving to where she is now. She was seated at the same table as their managing partner at a networking event 3 weeks ago. He offered her the shareholder position over their construction division (her specialty) with nearly double the salary along with equity partnership.

It's really hard for me to be objective when she tells me about these things. All i hear is that's one step closer to retirement for me, yet have to keep my mouth shut.

It's actually the staff, manager and admin work that makes it difficult to keep my mouth shut. Her goal is aligned with about 1/3 of the shareholders in her firm, the young ones of course. That goal is to become pretty much what this other firm has become in the last 7 years. Now she has the opportunity to just jump on a different boat retaining captain status. Except in terms of advanced thinking, it's like the difference between being a captain in the Cuban Navy (her firm) and being one in the US Navy (new firm). New firm already realized they have to pander to millennials if they want staff. They have to be accommodating with schedules in order to retain good staff. And they have to PAY good staff to stay. Her firm still thinks like Big 4 but they just aren't anywhere close to having enough status to treat staff that way in anymore. She and the young guns plan on being the winds of change. I hope that their efforts are fruitful, and before it's too late. Either way, I don't think she'll leave without at least 2 years of effort under her belt. So i'll just zip it for now.