View Single Post
      03-15-2008, 08:28 AM   #19
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehots2k View Post
Wow, what an ignorant post. Some people just prefer to pick their own style of rim. Many times my style is not in sync with what the manufacturers produce.

That's a little harsh don't you think? No question is ever stupid as that's how people learn.

In any case, BBS actually manufacturers many OEM wheels for many car makes, which is how they remain in business (although barely considering their resent history). My OEM MINI R99 wheels were made by BBS. Of course they are just simple cast wheels like the BMW OEMs no matter who makes them; therefore nothing special really although the R99s were 2 pounds lighter than the stock sport package wheel. As stated in many posts above there's large merit in many aftermarket makes, especially those makes which pride themselves on leading edge technology and producing a superior product (leaves out most rim [hate that f***ing word] makes which are predominantly in the market for aesthetic reasons targeting mainly the show or "pimp my ride" scene and for people who can't necessarily differentiate quality or feel the affects of a different wheel on the road). It's easily justified to spend thousands on a quality wheel and one that carries a significant return value in the used market, like BBS and especially forged BBS. Damn I think I just talked myself into the RG-R...