09-01-2014, 09:33 AM   #15
FTS
Enjoying driving
United_States
Rep
Drives: 645

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbraslins View Post
BMW represented pretty good in all groups.

- My car has passive suspension which felt superb everywhere, except those esses. Overall car transitoned side to side well, but combination of my imperfect line and my fear did not give me confidence there. Perhaps stiffer springs and a little more low speed compression dampening would help. Still, pretty amazing for street setup. I had Ohlins R&T on my E90, and passive f80 suspension felt just as good as those in virtually all corners except the esses.

- I got into trouble for following people a bit too closely, so I tried to keep my distance on cars before passing zones. A lot of the time I short shifted cause there was traffic in front of me and I just did not need to wind it out.

I am a little timid in the front straight kink, so I am actually not flat out through there and short shift a little and maintain throttle instead of staying in it.

Same on the brakes into T14 after back straight, quick way it to stay flat out even coming downhill after the crest, then dig into the uphill on brakes. But I don't have to balls to do that, so I start to maintain right before I crest.

Coming out of hog pen, I'd short shift sometimes if I felt the rear end start to slide a little.

I general, I noticed Harry's Lap timer on iPhone does not log all that great. Speed and other data point lag sometime. I'll get AIM DL Solo as soon as they have a harness for F80.

- In terms of stopping, stock brakes with pagid pads and fluis were superb.

- PCA is a pretty nice org. I liked it, will do again.

- Biggest improvement over the E90 is the rear end. It's so communicative and predictable. Car rotates a lot nicer than E90 and feels better balanced. It's a ton easier to drive.

- I was in DSC OFF, S2, Sport throttle and Sport steering entire time. I felt Sport plus throttle was not suitable for track at all, unless you just wanna drift.
You knew what I was asking, I was not criticizing your driving, and provided great feedback, than you very much. Very good driving, conservative, yet fast with minimal risk, perfect.

I thought they would do 4 sessions per day, but I personally prefer 3 as it gives time to relax. I hope you would also come to the next Summit Point event in the fall.

Again, thank you for the feedback.
Appreciate 0