View Single Post
      09-25-2022, 12:21 PM   #4
iminhell1
C2H5OH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 SG 135i auto

I just don't do car shows ever. For the most part I can go to any dealership and see a bunch of shit I don't like just sitting there, clean. I enjoy cars being driven, abused, fixed. I want to see cars being USED.

My biggest gripe though is how meets/shows/events have moved from random parking lots to breweries. I absolutely hate drunk driving, even buzzed driving. And to hold anything auto at such a place is utterly stupid. I can't go to ANY local BMW meet because all of them are at bars. I'll never associate myself with those kinds of people. Actually I'm not a BMW person at all. I just have one because it fit the criteria I'd set out for a car. I more align with the drift and rally guys than anyone else.

I never like to hear about anyone getting hurt. But there does come a point where you just become numb and think, well they put themselves in a place where they knew it could happen. Watching cars leave, what do you think you'll see? You're not there to watch traffic go by. You're there to be witness to tomfoolery and mayhem. When you get swept up in it, well you took that chance. Could have just looked up video or picture and lived vicariously. Nope you had to be victim # 7.

But that isn't just car shows/show-offs. You go to any motorsports event and people fight to be pressed against the fence and the first to get impaled by debris and taken to the hospital.
Drag racing, they have to be licking the driver window to see what is going on.
Rally, they have to be standing on the road. If they don't feel all the rocks shatter their teeth they won't be satisfied.
Road racing, no worries. No one knows what that is.
Auto-x, see above.

People only watch for crashes and damage.
Appreciate 2
nazali1331.50