01-28-2015, 08:16 PM   #5
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadnashuanh
Using the 20" summer performance tires in the snow/cold is not a wise decision! Practice feathering the go pedal to minimize regen if you have them, as they have considerably less traction in snow than the all seasons, and those have less than the winter tires. It's a rear-drive vehicle...the motor is only attached to the rear axle...how would the front wheels generate regen?
Just broght this up as people who may not be that good in snow should know it's a risk, not everyone is used to the regen and won't anticipate things in seconds.

It's how I bought the car and will get winter tires next year. For the states that don't get snow that often and then do someone with the 20" sport tires should use caution.

I haven't had time to break the car down and know everything about it yet, just got it a month ago.

So pleas don't hate.

Another point is this is a factory car, I know the sport tires are not good but to have the rear come around on you is also not good sport tires or not. Hence why it be nice if you could dial it down in bad conditions. That's all. Either way just wanted to put that out their. Winter wheels and tires will be part of the purchase next year.
Appreciate 0