Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmohajer View Post
IWC???
International Watch Company - http://www.iwc.com/en-us/

They make very nice watches. The watches I like best from them are their chronograph watches. I like them mostly because the subdials on their chronos are very subtle and don't make a big "splash" on the dial of the watch.

That matters to me because I absolutely cannot stand how the chrono subdials usually dominate the appearance of a watch. For the most part, I strongly prefer simple, uncomplicated watches. I just like the cleaner look and to be honest, I have no practical need for any complication on a watch, so I generally won't buy complicated watches since they cost more than their uncomplicated stablemates.

That said, I haven't bought an IWC chrono because even though I think theirs to be the best looking ones I've come across, I still prefer a simple watch.

IWC make a very nice dive watch and their Portuguese line is quite nice too, but their DaVinci line is my favorite because it has the good looks of VC's Malte line but for 15% of the cost. Yes, I do think the Malte looks better in the absolute sense, but not $18K better. I also think VC's movement is more refined, but not $18K more refined. (I feel differently about the VC 1972, mostly because there isn't any competing watch that resembles it.)

Some IWC watches carry in-house movements and some don't. In-house or not, all IWC watches are quite nice.

IWC DaVinci (uncomplicated version - different metal and dial colors available)

Vacheron Constantin Malte

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0