View Single Post
      01-17-2023, 05:01 AM   #77
DavesZupra4
Banned
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Speed cameras - everywhere! It started a few years ago as a pilot program. The cameras were posted within X distance of schools, normally on the blocks where the schools were located. They were in operation only on days schools were in session and from the hours of 6am-10pm. Then they changed it to M-F regardless of whether schools were open. And again they changed the distance to a radius. Cameras popped up everywhere. When we were in lockdown, and everyone was home except essential workers, the city went crazy putting more cameras up everywhere and at the same time they reduced the speed limits.

They now approved the cameras 24/7. It drives me batshit crazy. I am so happy my car alerts me when approaching a speed camera. Don't get me wrong, I don't speed like crazy on the city streets but WTF?!?! Streets that were previously 40 mph are now 25 mph. The cameras are a cash cow for the city.

Rant over.
How do the citizens tolerate this? I get upset becsuse for me this is instantly something I'd go to war for against the corrupt politicians or gov officials, but I look around, and NOONE dares to do anything. They just sit, take it, and obey. Seriously it's obvious abuse of power but the people no longer care they're abused. They're so highly afraid of challenging "authority" because they fear losing their things or "freedom" when really they aren't free and have lost all their dignity and self respect being cowardly sell outs. If this was 1820 the idiots lowering speed limits and increasing cameras DURING A PANDEMIC ESPECIALLY would be shot or hanged already by a massive mob. Back then people had common sense and didn't tolerate bs abuse like this. Today, people think the abusers are "good people keeping them safe" when they're clearly just abusing them. Man people are so blind nowadays. They have some stuff and a mediocre life they fear losing so bad that they become.blind and obedient and take it in their top hole and middle rear hole happily with no complaints fearing they will lose it if they even dare object. Government has become their God and caretaker and they have become the infant idiots in need to be told what to do and what to think and how to live. Expecting much from humans will leave you highly disappointment. I suggest befriending parrots like I did. They never disappoint.
Appreciate 0