View Single Post
      02-29-2016, 11:49 AM   #24
FType22
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Updates:

I took everyone's advice in stride here, thank you all for the contributions, I wasn't sure what kind of response I was going to get. Even after years of working out it doesn't seem like I've gained any knowledge at all regarding so much of what's important during training days. Then again, I don't beat myself up about it because it isn't my job, it's a hobby and a lifestyle.

I increased my calories the same day this subject was started. I realized I was afraid of over eating and I had some inner turmoil around taking in extra food, but I noticed after two days my abs were actually looking better and I wasn't feeling/looking bloated or lacking definition. I also noticed that my energy during workouts increased but my strength hasn't increased yet. I took two days off this weekend to kind of allow my legs to recover (I have a tight T-band that I've been working through with a foam roller but it's taking time to heal).

At night I have been able to sleep fine but after my workouts I have noticed I'm in a better mood and have more energy to finish off the rest of my day. The changes I made were as follows:

-Added extra scoop of protein to my morning and night-time shakes.
-Increased the amount of rice I have been eating, which seems to have helped significantly on cardio days.
-Eating more, but healthier: Usually on weekends on tend to slip a little on my diets, cheat meals turn into cheat days. This weekend I kept to my summer goals and stayed on the straight and narrow, increasing calories but keeping the foods healthy.
-Eating more often: Instead of waiting for lunch, I eat when I'm hungry and I don't try to stretch my meals out throughout the work day. I've found I'm just full enough before the gym to workout without being impacted by a full stomach, but I also am not hungry and distracted either, it's been a good balance.

Thank you to everyone who has made contributions. I'm sure I'll be back here for more advice in the future.
Appreciate 0