View Single Post
      02-15-2016, 01:11 PM   #164
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mywifes335 View Post
Ok man you win. I'm not gonna convince you otherwise.

I don't know what gym you goto if guys actually never drop heavy Dumbbells...except two guys. I've been going to the gym for 20 years+ and been to half a dozen gyms.

I really don't give a shit what anyone else thinks about the amount of weight I do. I drop it because I physically can't even finish the last rep. It's not an excuse dude. And I grunt because I'm exerting a lot more than I would otherwise. So the fact I drop weight proves nothing in regard to me in specific.

Plus I don't ALWAYS have a spotter. Even when I do, the weights still drop. Hey, if YOU can "gently" place 100lbs+ Dumbbells down from an awkward kneeling position with palms open (spotter), then more power to you.

If you can keep maxing out your own personal best each time you lift without going to fatigue/failure then food for you. Maybe I just don't have your stamina. What can I say.

I DROP my weights. I don't THROW them. There's a difference.
Good point.. It's one thing to throw weights and another to drop them at the end of your set. Yes, a 150lbs dumbbell will make a tad more noise than a 50lbs but after all this a gym not a library. I don't often lift heavy but when I do, I will push to failure and then do my best to drop the weights with as much control as possible. I mean it's kind of hard to not drop the weights at the end of a set of dumbbell presses, even when you do have a spotter.
Appreciate 0