01-03-2015, 01:49 PM   #168
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by eup4oria View Post
I smoked it when I was in my teens and twenties. I quit only because of adult responsibilities. I do not really enjoy alcohol and never experienced a hangover from pot. I'm in my late 50's now and once I retire I do believe I will smoke it again.
Along that line of reason, I have to say I'd sooner pot be legal and alcohol be illegal. That is if I were made to chose between them. There are a great many things I can say from experience that stoned people just don't do that in comparison, drunk (or even slightly under the influence of alcohol) folks will readily do.
  • Stoned people drive more slowly. I don't really know why, but they do; perhaps stoned folks realize they aren't "in their right mind," so to speak? Drunk people often enough seem to have no conception that their abilities are impaired.
  • Stoned people rarely pick fights or behave violently. Folks, after a few drinks, seem to have the temper of a hippo or hornet, and are willing to countenance not even the slightest real or imagined affront to themselves. Moreover, throw things or themselves at other things and people, and they crash cars into property, nature's blessings, and other people.
  • Stoned people are contributors to at least one thing good; they invariably buy food, typically the highest profit margin sorts of food from the least consumer-cost-efficient places at which one might buy it, even though they don't really need nourishment. Given enough alcohol, a drinker will become a drain on "something," be it their friends' time and patience or a that of a third party, when they become sick, incapacitated, or God forbid, accidentally or intentionally violent.
Mind you, I'm not saying stoned folks never do any of the things I've cited alcohol users as doing, I'm just saying they do it less often.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0