View Single Post
      11-14-2019, 08:40 AM   #40
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
I do it this way without a mirror. But I have worn them for close to 30 years. I don't even think about it now and can do it with one hand. Lens on my pointer finger, middle finger pulling my lower lid down, look up...and basically let the lens do all the work.

My prescription hasn't changed since I have been in lenses...when I started we used the hard lenses. I wear the Accu-Vue Dailies. But they are phasing them out and going with their Oasis brand. Something in that formulation of lens does not agree with me...and I have issues with them.

So I bought up over a year of stock with the others. When I run out...I may look into Lasik.
I started wearing contact lenses over 33 years ago. Those were soft at once. I learned to apply them without a mirror initially and though I might've used the same application technique at first it absolutely didn't take me decades to turn to how I do it know: put it on the index finger and apply straight where it should be, looking forward. This simple.

My first lenses were 2 years ones if I recall it correctly. Then I wore 1 year lenses, surely. Now I wear Air Optix Aqua which are monthly. My only issue with them is I can't see well what's close: I see close without them better. I never noticed this before with other lenses. I'm not interested in daily but I've just read they are less oxygen-transparent than monthly. That's not good.

I looked what Lasik was when I saw it mentioned in this thread. As it has been noticed here, Lasik doesn't look the most reliable method. Anyway, I will never take even the least risk of eye surgery while I can do without it.
Appreciate 0