11-14-2019, 06:04 AM   #37
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
That's wrong. It's not gluing. You push the air from under it and it sticks due to the vacuum created (atmosphere pressure). It can hardly stick "better". It either sticks or not. It does not take much/any effort to apply it properly and that should be done gently. It should be done over a table with some clean cloth or paper towel on to drop it safely if that happens. You can blink a few times to make sure it sits well. It can be also moved through the eyelid (closed) to position properly.

Well, I can't find confirmation of my lens sticking due to "vacuum" idea, they are supposed to let some oxygen in and still I'm absolutely positive it's not gluing - no need to press hard or hold depressed long.

I do it this way without a mirror. But I have worn them for close to 30 years. I don't even think about it now and can do it with one hand. Lens on my pointer finger, middle finger pulling my lower lid down, look up...and basically let the lens do all the work.

My prescription hasn't changed since I have been in lenses...when I started we used the hard lenses. I wear the Accu-Vue Dailies. But they are phasing them out and going with their Oasis brand. Something in that formulation of lens does not agree with me...and I have issues with them.

So I bought up over a year of stock with the others. When I run out...I may look into Lasik.