View Single Post
      10-24-2020, 04:37 PM   #23
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
What's a reasonable cost for the possible loss of life? I don't know. Personally, I think it can reopen and limit attendance to 1/4 what it used to be. They can charge double the price to adjust for lower attendance towards operation cost. Maybe only allow certain rides to open. Shorter lines, less people, and strict face mask enforcement.
Disney has already opened in Florida with success and no linking of additional spreading as a result. It certainly is no different than anything else with precautions.

The point here is that California is handling this differently than basically any other state and their numbers are no better.

Again, these "Covid deaths" are pretty loose in their accuracy. I know people discount the skepticism, but the CDC flat out tells you that Covid-19 doesn't kill young and/or healthy people. The numbers back that 100%. Literally 94% of all Covid deaths have an average of 2.6 other conditions accompanying it and over 60% of deaths are people over 75. Think about that. Older than 75. You really think Covid alone killed those elderly folks? Well, 94% of the time, there were other factors. We can't sit here and imagine we know all the factors, including the people coding the death certs, but it's not easy. If a guy is 85 and has Covid, the flu, pneumonia, and diabetes, are we really blaming Covid?

This is not in any way to minimize those who have died, but numbers need context and a lot of analysis to make sense. There have been many reports of "overstating" Covid deaths for funding, political reasons, and just flat out lying. Right now, the CDC reports 88,208 cases out of all Covid deaths that had Influenza and Pneumonia present at time of death. You tell me if Covid was the only cause for death in those and which one the patient contracted first and which ultimately killed them.

Had we categorized H1N1 in the same way, we would have seen 70 million cases (according to CDC) and a lot more deaths if we used similar methodology. It's very gray when you starting talking about comorbidity.

High level, locking down doesn't work and causes a huge amount of damage, including death, but also depression, financial hardship, abuse, and un-diagnosed serious illnesses such as cancer. Taking away someone's livelihood by not allowing them to work is far worse than a respiratory virus that needs you to be either old and/or severely compromised to kill you.

People are going to dislike this and get all political, but these are facts. Life's a bitch and things aren't always a 1 or 0.

Last edited by BayMoWe335; 10-24-2020 at 04:51 PM..
Appreciate 7
Smgs1992720.00
TboneS541043.00
Hawkeye2069.50
sirdaft12202.50
Kooch102.00