View Single Post
      01-11-2023, 06:07 PM   #1
luchienmiami27
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 bmw 528i

Help with Transmission !!!

Hello. I have a 2008 BMW 528i that every morning after the car has not been driven for several hours, when I turned the key on, it gave me an increase in battery discharge, and the time clock appeared erased, but it started excellent and ran perfectly. The first thing I thought was that the battery was bad. A week later, I noticed that the transmission took 1 second longer than normal to engage, but after that, it worked excellently, it only did it once a day when I started it for the first time but then no problems. I took it to a transmission mechanic, and he hooked up his computer but found no transmission problems, everything seemed normal, but he did find that the intelligent battery sensor was failing. I took it to my trusted mechanic, who confirmed that the battery sensor was malfunctioning but he did see on his computer that the car had a transmission code 00507B EGS Parking gear sensor implausible and he said that the battery sensor would not be the problem. He recommended another transmission mechanic to whom I took my car, he checked it and he diagnosed that the transmission computer was bad. At that time, I did not have that amount of money (more than 1000 dls) to pay for this repair, and I told him that I would pay for the diagnosis and try to get the money to bring it back next week to fix it. When I went to get my car and start it up, the transmission malfunction lights appear, I tried to put first gear but nothing happened, the transmission did absolutely nothing. He said that he drove the car and was working, but when I went to pick it up it wasn't. He connected his computer and did not receive a signal from the transmission computer and can't do anything about it. So now I have a car that doesn't work and I have to take it to the dealer. What do you think it could be? The transmission only took 1 second to engage first gear after several hours without driving, but it ran great all day, I can't understand why now is not working at all. Could it be that the mechanic deprogrammed the transmission computer? Maybe he switches it for another one that didn't work to re-sell mine?
Appreciate 0