12-09-2008, 11:54 AM   #12
maddad
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

MadDad Exhaust - preproduction pics

Guys,

These are all really early pre-production pics from the origonal fitting session. In the early stages the exhaust is put together from serveral separate smaller madrel bend pipes that are tack welded together. All of this is done for simple fitment purposes. The final production product will have a single 3" mandrel bend pipe going into the canister.

The tips are totally up in the air right now. The close-to-production unit I'll be receiving in about a week will actually have tips a little different from what is shown here but the same size. We're also looking at carbon fiber tips as well and will have some of our carbon fiber samples in about a month.

So these pics are just to give you a good overall idea of what our axleback section will be. There are some minor changes being made to how we will be attaching the tips as well as the tip style choice. So the big change from what you see here to production will be in how the tips are attached to the canister and the end tip style...although it will be a similiar(if not the same) 3.5" style you see here. We always like to name our products so from this point on you'll see me reference this as the MadDad Whisper Eurosport-1 .