Merlin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW M3 6MT w/ZCP

Garage List
2012 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2008 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
Sure it's very nice, the epitome of how insanely over priced California coastal real estate is in Southern California.

This is dark, but I think of the movie The Purge when I see homes that cost this much. Maybe, just maybe who ever is capable of buying this house has worked hard earning and struggling to get to the level of being able to buy a $39MM house.

It's the usual dirt bag knuckleheads that walk all over other people to get to the top and I've been around douche-bags that run 'hard-money' operations that become massively wealthy, but at the expense of others.

Here's and example, and this is all true:

I had a neighbor in Seattle that ran 10+ pawn shops, he kept buying up ma and pa pawn shops in other states that allow huge points for 'loans', in excess of 35%.

He told me one day and I kid you not, this guy came in and needed money so he pawned his electric wheel chair. He said he took it in and gave the guy his 'loan' and watched has he hobbled out, barely able to walk.

Sure it was his choice to 'hawk' his only mobility to get money, but as a human the pawn shop guy should have just lent him a few bucks and let the guy keep his dignity.

The guy that owned the pawn shops had local seed money from Jeff Brotman (Costco) and Howard Schultz (Starbucks) so he went even bigger with expanding his pawn empire.

He sold them all to a huge pawn company in 2007 for $70MM.

2012 E92 M3 ZCP | 2008 E90 335xi | 2008 E90 335i |
Appreciate 0