06-08-2015, 01:37 AM   #10
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisho View Post
Once again thanks for the thorough answer. The erotica watch made me laugh, didn't know those existed. As for the rest of your response, to me, it essentially boils down to "worth is in the eye of the of the beholder" or something of that sort. Certain functions/features a particular watch needs or rather the buyer wants it to have is relative to their own personal sense of worth. Like you said,

There's so much truth to that statement that I can't believe I didn't think of it in the first place. Also, I've never actually thought about it enough to express it in words but but your approach is something I've been following subconsciously, not word for word, but very close. Every luxury item I've bought always went through the process of whether it would be a burden/strain and if I'd like it enough to get a second (assuming there would be a desire to get a second one). FYI, I ended up purchasing a a Nomos Tangente Norma off of WUS.

Lastly, thanks for all the info. I owe you a drink for teaching me so much
You're welcome.

You don't don't owe me anything and your stated thanks is more than sufficient.

Nomos make lovely, well made watches, and I'm sure you'll really enjoy wearing yours. I know the standard Tangente is a manual wind watch. Is the Tangente Norma an automatic version or just a slightly differently styled one? (No need to find out if you don't know...I was just curious.)

I think now is a good time to buy a Nomos for in the past lustrum they've gotten a lot of positive press. Positive press is really, really good for letting manufacturers raise the prices and Nomos' have been creeping up bit by bit. Better to get one while they are still "creeping" instead of running at full tilt. LOL

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0