04-08-2022, 10:21 AM   #43
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by R N M View Post
I agree that ICE cars will be around but not high performance ones. Look at even Ferrari, Lambo, Lotus - they all have hybrid or EVs planned for next gen cars. New M5 will be hybrid etc.

Once you commit to this and allocate funds - its not easy to go back to pure ICE.

Also even the current gen cars all have dumb things like rev limiters, particulate filters, muted exhausts etc. I just don’t see much promise of ICE cars sticking around when most manufacturers announced next gen cars that are EVs or Hybrid.
True but I think some ICE models will hang around as very high-priced hybrids. Porsche 911, Ferraris, Lamborghinis, McLarens, Koeinegsegg, etc. strike me as the brands that will hold off a pure EV fleet for as long as they can. They will try to offer EVs but also hybrids to keep ICE alive.

But yeah this sucks for your average enthusiast since all these cars are mega expensive and exclusive. Eventually the M division, AMG division, Quadrifoglios, Boxsters etc. may not have any ICE offerings.

I do think American muscle cars and Japanese sports cars will also continue to offer ICE for some time, but those cars have never interested me. Maybe they will start appealing to me over the next decade...
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50