06-02-2015, 12:46 AM   #19
FTS
Enjoying driving
United_States
Rep
Drives: 645

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterC17 View Post
I have the same camber plates and am running -3.2 degrees in the front (middle setting) and -2.3 in the rear (if I remember correctly) - seems good so far.
Are you in the middle settings? I changed to middle and I have -2.5-2.7 up front and readjusted the rears down to -2.0. The MPSS still perform quite well at this level, but they certainly loved -4 camber better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_ducky View Post
FTS... what manufacturer's camber plates did you have installed?
TC Kline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
OP, any advice on alignment for stock suspension without camber plates?
Front camber is not adjustable, and my rears in stock form were -1.8. I originally left the toe at factory spec, but now reduced it a very tiny bit +0.1 total front and rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud9blue View Post
From my understanding, if you can confirm, is that even a relatively basic 991 (even more so w/ sport PASM) will out run a well prep'd BMW (due to its stock camber and softly sprung stock suspension), with the same driver and just some track capable tires/brake pads, while still capable as serving as a reasonable DD.
I think the more qualified person to answer this would be lutfy as he has had an M3 and a 997.2 991S, and he is an excellent track driver. IMHO Porsche knows how to tune sportcar chassis quite well. Stock regular 911s lack camber as well; however, the shock travel is so little compared to my M4 and camber/toe curves are so favorable that not much is needed. The GT3 is quite different as you mention.
Appreciate 0