View Single Post
      06-20-2018, 09:27 PM   #55
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Very well said my friend. And really spot on. Do I have the "greatest most expensive HT setup of all time"? Nope. Not even close. Do I have a "Dream Come True" for me and my family for our needs? Absolutely! And praise God for giving me the means to do so. Be Happy with what you have. I've been on forums for soooo many years and I have seen and read it all LOL! But some way, some how, there is ALWAYS that "one guy".
But when people begin to realize that it takes waaaay more character to give a compliment than to talk shit, then they truly "get it".

Speaking of 'turntables', my best friend is a DJ and he has a pair of prestine Technics SL-1210MK5 and to this day and age of "digital sound" Nothing sounds as rewarding to the ears as a pristine album/vinyl playing through some nice 3-way speakers:

Fleetwood Mac
Doobie Brothers
Earth Wind & Fire
etc.
It's been really great following how your HT has come together. I'm happy you're pleased with the final result. If you're like me, it'll be hard to shake off upgrade-itis. It didn't help my situation where the retailers I shop have a 1 year trade up program on many of the products they sell. But somehow I got to the point where I didn't have the urge to upgrade anymore. it's a wonderful feeling.

And it's great to run into another vinyl aficionado. I go back to the days of the Technics SL1200MKIIs. Those Technics tables are rock solid performers. I never ended up one as I was a poor college student and then had to struggle with life after college.

But I finally got my vinyl setup done.

VPI HW19 Jr with Mark III platter upgrade
Audioquest PT9 tone arm
Sumiko Blue Point Special EVO III
Vincent Audio PHO-700 vacuum tube phono preamp

Name:  20180620_221518.jpg
Views: 2179
Size:  81.8 KB
Appreciate 1
TXSTYLE13837.00