TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
As long as you're happy with the system, that's all that really matters. There are those that beat up on people with Bose systems. But as long as these people are happy, who are we to say. I personally have other criteria that would steer me away from products like Bose.

Where I get into it with people are those that pay 5 figures for their speakers, post pictures of their "top" notch system on Internet forums, and expect everyone to go oohh and ahhh over it. These people get all bent out of shape when I tell them they've wasted their money because the speakers have crappy placement and the room isn't set up anywhere near well enough to even warrant speakers of that level.

I had the luxury of building out my own room from nothing to where it is now. Even I had to make compromises. I could have done double drywall with two different thicknesses along with floating them on runners installed of screwing them directly into the studs. I could have boxed in all the recessed lights in the room. I could have limited the number of doors to the room. But, I had to make compromises. In the end, the acoustics in my room are still top notch and haven't created any urgency for me to change anything in the 8 years or so since I've completed the room. The only thing I did recently was to move my turntable from my 2 channel system to the dedicated room and replacing the Meridian 568.2MM surround processor with a Meridian G65 due to the 568.2MM's high resolution input board going bad; ended up repairing it any ways.
Very well said my friend. And really spot on. Do I have the "greatest most expensive HT setup of all time"? Nope. Not even close. Do I have a "Dream Come True" for me and my family for our needs? Absolutely! And praise God for giving me the means to do so. Be Happy with what you have. I've been on forums for soooo many years and I have seen and read it all LOL! But some way, some how, there is ALWAYS that "one guy".
But when people begin to realize that it takes waaaay more character to give a compliment than to talk shit, then they truly "get it".

Speaking of 'turntables', my best friend is a DJ and he has a pair of prestine Technics SL-1210MK5 and to this day and age of "digital sound" Nothing sounds as rewarding to the ears as a pristine album/vinyl playing through some nice 3-way speakers:

Fleetwood Mac
Doobie Brothers
Earth Wind & Fire
etc.
wrickem2101.00