View Single Post
      06-20-2018, 04:50 PM   #50
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCThreePedals View Post
What's up with the speakers to the sides of the projector? That won't give you proper imaging at all for Atmos, you should've followed the Dolby Labs rules and measurements to get the speakers properly placed.

Looks like your surrounds are at the wrong place as well, they need to be as close as possible to the middle of the room and should NOT be in-ceilings.

Plus you say you have a 7.1.4 but I didn't see a center channel nor any back speakers.
People have to make compromises with their A/V rooms all the time. Not many people have the luxury of building out a room from the ground up/wall-ceiling studs out.

As far as Atmos, I heard an Atmos system at a friend's place who's husband owns a very well known audio company. I'll leave this info out to protect their privacy. But frankly, I'm not all that impressed with the Atmos hype. I find my "lowly" 5.2 system still more enjoyable sound quality wise and musicality wise.
Appreciate 2
TXSTYLE13775.50
wrickem2101.00