mecheng77
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i / 2014 M235i

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
I was eager to retire even though I'm technically 16 years away. But this pandemic taught me that I'm not ready. Now that I'm working from home I have a lot more time not having to commute or having ppl interrupt me during the day.

I'm with you guys, you need a purpose in life and something to keep you busy. Mtn biking and tennis I love but I get bored if I do them more than 2x a week. I really enjoy house and car projects but I'm running out of them. I renovated my entire house spending 1 entire year everyday after work: 6 days a week.
After that I usually have 1 project per year but now everything is done.

I recently came up with a new project because with Covid I've been bored as hell: I've submitted a design to add a garage to my house and it had high ceilings to put in a lift. Hopefully it gets approved because I can't wait to be busy again. I've become really good at my job supervising Ppl that I need a new challenge.
I think if I retire I would do lots of volunteering and hopefully be able to play with some cars in the garage I built. I don't see how playing golf is a goal to keep you busy, how much golf can you possibly want to do.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615137.50