01-15-2020, 06:23 AM   #38
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricVR4 View Post
As sad as I was to lose it last year, I was happy for y'all. I know that feeling after waiting a looooong time to win it. Y'all went on a hell of a run too, the baseball y'all were playing was fun to watch!

If they didn't vacate titles for PED/other cheating for other teams, then they wouldn't/shouldn't for us. I can definitely understand some of the feelings, and Dodgers fans can feel any way they want about it, but the numbers don't lie. We won 2 of our 4 games in LA. They won 1 of the 3 in Houston.

We lit up Darvish in Game 7, in LA. He even said himself that he was accidentally tipping pitches in both of his games. Hell, in game 7 alone they were like 1 for 13 with runners in scoring position and left at least 10 men on base (if I'm remembering correctly). Their offense all but disappeared numerous times throughout the series. You can't win if you can't hit or score, regardless of what the other team is doing
Dodgers can complain all they want but they also lost 4 games to 1 in 2018, including losing 2 of 3 in L.A. They scored 2 runs in one game and 1 run in another. Their offense disappeared. Can’t imagine World Series’ getting vacated because of this without also going back and re-writing history for PEDs, doctored baseballs, bad umpire calls, etc.

That said, Houston, Boston and any other teams who blatantly violate rules should definitely be penalized and embarrassed. Players should suffer some consequences and their union should endorse doing so if they are representing all players, including those who were not cheating.
EricVR4602.50