View Single Post
      04-13-2022, 02:50 PM   #1
BeFitty8_F32
Melbourne Red F32 B58
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440ixm

Concussions

Have you ever had a concussion...and didnt hit your head?

By all means, please share your story if you have hit your head, but I find it a new and surprising thing that concussions happen without a hard impact to the head.

tldr; I hit my ass (tail bone) so hard it caused a concussion.

I like to rollerblade for cardio sometimes. Breaks up the monotony of running and adds a little speed for fun. I wore myself out one day recently and decided it was time to head home. Once in the area of my house, I wanted to work on my quick stops. I may have been a little too tired, because on one of my stops, I didnt plant right, the blades came out from under me and I landed directly on my tail bone. Immediate thought was I broke it because I have heard of so many people doing that. While going through this thought process, I rolled over onto my knees to start the self check. Ass hurts. Slightly nauseous...probably from the sudden shock of a hard landing. Slightly dizzy...maybe from being tired and the sudden shock of a hard landing. I dont feel confident to get back on wheels and limp into my garage. One blade off at a time while on my knees. I convince myself I am getting used to being nauseous and the dizziness is from being tired and the sudden injury.
I manage to make it 5 or 6 steps before blacking out.
All I remember is thinking I can limp it inside and lick my wounds. Then somehow that thought process changed into, my grass looks soft I need to go there. The next thought is why do I have grass in my mouth?
Called the GF to come out and help and thats when I realized I kept going into shock every time I stood up. I had a concussion.
Military training kicked in and I had my GF raise my feet above my head for around 5 minutes until I felt better. Gradually made my way to my feet and inside the house.

I have never heard of anyone getting a concussion from their tail bone...aka spine. Makes sense now that I have done some Google-Fu.
Appreciate 0