View Single Post
      02-11-2022, 02:42 AM   #61
Brisa Schaden
Rep
Drives: vezel

booster dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kick 6 View Post
Please leave the political statements out of this thread. This is simply question and answer.

I got the question "Kick 6, what is your opinion on the booster that is being discussed recently, specifically Pfizer."

The booster does a good job of increasing antibodies against SARS-Cov2. This will greatly help reduce hospitalizations and deaths. The million dollar question is how long will it be effective. IMO, the Pfizer shots should be given farther apart. There is some info out there showing a 3.5 times increase in antibody production when given further apart.

My personal preference would be to get the Pfizer shot. Moderna would be my second choice. I don't advocate getting J&J or AstraZeneca.
yeah definitely booster does a good job of increasing antibodies. this will greatly help hospitalizations and death ratio.it may be necessary to receive a third dose because those first two aren't doing what they do in otherwise normal, healthy people. we're in a situation where, as I said, the evidence shows that the vaccines that people have received are holding up really well to protect you against severe disease, against hospitalization and against death
Appreciate 0